Cinnamon Headache Paste Recipe –
Cinnamon is a miracle spice that can effectively help headaches.
- Grind some cinnamon sticks into a powder,
- Add some water to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your forehead and temples and lie down for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Ginger Headache Drink –
Touted as a headache elixir! This can help reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, hense easing the pain. It can also stimulate digestion, and quell the nausea which occurs during migraines. You can consume this once or twice a day.
- Steep ginger root for tea
- Or mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice and drink up!
You can also apply as a paste of ginger powder and 2 tablespoons of water on your forehead for a few minutes for quicker relief.
Basil Headache Tea –
This strong scented herb has many analgesic benefits. The oil works as a muscle relaxant and helps get rid of headaches caused by tension and tight muscles.
- Put 3 or 4 fresh basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and let it simmer.
- Add a little honey and sip the tea slowly.
NOTE: You can also chew some fresh basil leaves, or inhale the steam after boiling basil in a pot of water.
So give it a try and I’d love to hear your results!
Yours in good health,
Dr. Andrew Smith D.C.